Often our excessive eating and weight issues can be linked to strong emotional conflicts. In this way an individual’s brain starts to learn that eating is a cure for any negative feelings they may be experiencing. Once this happens generally a habit is formed that does not serve an individual.. and a long term destructive a cycle begins to take hold.
Emotional eating that is caused by these inner conflicts can be resolved so an individual is no longer at the mercy of these emotions and can break free from this cycle. Eating in this way is partly a way of coping with emotional conflicts and is also partly established as a habit.
The process of Clinical Hypnotherapy allows the client to step off the roundabout of emotional eating, as well as uncovering the underlying emotional conflicts, where they originated from and how to clear them.
Clinical Hypnotherapy uses a blend of techniques and tools for the client to move into the permanence of long term change. In this way, individuals are well equipped and able to navigate and move through any challenges that may arise in the future. A client can establish new life giving and empowering habits to stay with them long term, enabling them to achieve and maintain their desired weight loss goals.
Sometimes clients can have some type of secondary pay off that is often unconscious and in some way causes them to remain overweight. This can relate to themes such as using the additional weight as a layer of “protection”. As well as emotional eating, particularly when happy or stressed. Clinical Hypnotherapy addresses these factors and supports an individual to be come aware of secondary issues so they can move beyond them and in turn facilitating the desired change.
I will list some ‘helpful tips” to assist you in moving forward with your weight journey now.
1) Never skip a meal, Consistent and structured eating assists with feelings of satiety as well as controlling your metabolism. The body needs the right type of ‘fuel” to sustain itself, to feel full and to eliminate cravings.
2) Give up “trigger foods” and allow your body to move into an anti-inflammatory state through eating of whole food choices that support your goals and assist in establishing a new design of eating.
4) Clear your home space of problem foods so you don’t have that temptation and restock with foods that support your weight loss journey and life giving eating habits.
5) Make sure you include breakfast and lunch. This assists in kick starting your metabolism and assists in feelings of satiety (feeling full).
6) Be realistic in your weightless goals so you know it is achievable and attainable, facilitating the right attitude, thinking and action.
7) Avoid scales. In the process of healthy weight loss we can often build muscle which weighs more than fat, so scales are not an accurate indicator. Often people become more sensory acute to their own body and actually notice the weight dropping off them.
8) Avoid using the word diet. A diet is a short term solution to a long term problem. The subconscious mind may relate negatively to this word and it becomes a block towards long-term achievement.
Clinical Hypnotherapy for weight loss can assist in releasing the underlying feelings and causes of a person being overweight. This assists them to move into a new relationship with food and finding the motivation for accelerated weight loss and achievement of their ideal shape and size with maintenance for life.